First Annual Kelley Business of Life Sciences Doctoral Consortium Hosted by Eli Lilly & Company
May 08, 2013
The Center for the Business of Life Sciences sponsored the first annual Business of Life Sciences Doctoral Consortium hosted at the Eli Lilly Corporate Center in Indianapolis. This collaborative event organized by CBLS life sciences research co-directors Mohan Tatikonda, Professor of Operations Management at Kelley-Indianapolis and Matt Semadeni, Associate Professor of Management at Kelley-Bloomington brought high level industry executives to meet Kelley School and IU School of Medicine PhD students in order to convey pressing management challenges in the industry. Kelley faculty advisors fleshed out potential areas relevant to the industry for the students to research and executives also discussed data available for that research. Additionally, a new program to fund doctoral research in the life sciences was announced. The program will fund both individual papers as well as dissertation research.
CBLS would like to thank Eli Lilly for hosting this event as well as industry leaders who participated:
- Enrique Conterno, Sr. VP, Eli Lilly & Company, and President, Lilly Diabetes
- William McConnell, Sr. VP and CIO, Indiana University Health
- Martin Bott, VP of Finance & CFO, Lilly Diabetes and Global Manufacturing & Quality, Eli Lilly & Co.
- Matthew Neff, President & CEO, CHV Capital
- Ellen Tobias, Senior Director, External Drug Product Manufacturing, Eli Lilly & Co.