The LEAD co-major will help you become principled decisionmaker and effective leader in a global business environment by preparing you to:
- Recognize and manage legal risks and opportunities in your chosen industry or profession.
- Understand and evaluate your own and others’ reasoning.
- Form sound judgments about complex ethical issues.
- Construct, advocate, and defend strong arguments.
The co-major may pursued as a second major only. It cannot be your primary major.
The requirements for the 12-credit hour LEAD co-major are as follows:
Required Courses (6 credit hours)
- L304 Critical Thinking, Decisionmaking, and Advocacy (1.5 cr.) and
- L305 Business Planning & Corporate Law (1.5 cr.) and
- L360 Topics in Business Ethics (1.5 cr.) and
- L413 Applied Dispute Resolution (1.5 cr.)
Elective Courses (6 credit hours)
- Global Electives (3-6 credit hours): Students must complete at least one and up to two elective courses from this list:
- L302 Sustainability Law & Policy (3 cr.)
- L314 International Business Law (3 cr.)
- L356 Intellectual Porperty Law & Strategy in a Global Environment (3 cr.)
- L355/455 Topics in Business Law: Law, Ethics & Professional Responsibility in the Financial Markets (3 cr.) (designations change yearly)
- Additional Elective Options (0-3 credit hours):
- L307 Forms of Business & Commercial Finance Law (3 cr.)
- L311 Law for Entrepreneurs (3 cr.)
- L315 The Business and Law of Entertainment and Sports (3 cr.)
- L350 Online Law (3 cr.)
- L406 Employment Problems and the Law (3 cr.)
- L408 Real Estate Law (3 cr.)
- M429 Legal Aspects of Marketing (3 cr.)
- Topics in Business Law and Ethics without Global Designation (3 cr.) (designations change yearly)