Jerrold J. Stern
stern [at] indiana [dot] edu (E-mail)
- Professor of Accounting
- PhD, Business Admin. Acct/Tax Concentration, Texas A&M University, 1979
- MBA, Accounting/Tax, Texas A&M University, 1977
- BS, Business Admin. Accounting Concentration, Northeastern University, 1976
- Chair, Technology Committee, American Taxation Association (ATA). Committee created new ATA website, 2013-present. (Chair, 2007-2009)
- Co-Chair, state-wide Single Articulation Pathway (SAP) Business Administration Panel, 2013-present
- Transfer credit research studies regarding introductory accounting and other courses, 2011-present
- Research Fellow, Real Estate Center, Texas A&M University, 1990-present.
- Departmental Assessment Coordinator and principal author of the “Assurance of Learning Report”, Kelley School of Business, 2008. Report lead to AACSB accreditation for the Department.
- Kelley School Elected Representative, Bloomington Faculty Council, 2005-2007/2008-2009
- Editor, Advances in Taxation, 1989-1993
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- Various education acknowledgments
- Ford Motor Company curriculum development grant, 2001-2002
- UBS Brinson research grant, 2000-2001
- Kelley School of Business Innovation in Teaching Award, 2000
- National Center for Automated Information Research (NCAIR) teaching grant, 1993-1994
- Ernst & Young Research Grant (co-authors - Richard W. Houston, Toby Stock), 1992
- Dow Technology Innovation Teaching Award and Grant, 1991-92
Taxation, Tax Planning and Tax Aspects of Investing, Accounting Curriculum, Business Transfer Credits, State-Wide Business Administration Curricula
Local Music, Jazz, Theater, and avoiding yard-work
Geisler, Gregory G.; Stern, Jerrold J. (2014), "Retirement Account Options When Beginning a Career," Journal of Financial Service Professionals, May, (68)3: 45-50.
Stern, Jerrold J. (2014), “Real Estate Investments and IRAs,” Tierra Grande, journal of the Real Estate Center at Texas A&M University.
Stern, Jerrold J. (2014), Tax Concepts and Analysis (15th Edition).
Stern, Jerrold J., (2012), “Taxmageddon,” Tierra Grande, journal of the Real Estate Center at Texas A&M University.
Stern, Jerrold J. (2010), “Cost Segregation Yields Cash Flow,” Tierra Grande, journal of the Real Estate Center at Texas A&M University
- Stern, Jerrold J. (2007), “Microeconomic Approach to Teaching Tax,” Chapter 11, Methods, Topics and Issues in Tax Education: A Year 2001 Perspective, Republished by the American Taxation Association.