The mission of the Department of Accounting is to further “excellence in the accounting discipline” by providing an outstanding education for students, expanding and creating knowledge through scholarship of theoretical and practical impact and serving our stakeholders and the community.
- We are committed to an innovative curricula and continuous improvement in pedagogy in all our program offerings.
- We are committed to advancing new accounting knowledge through original, innovative research and disseminating this research to the accounting community.
- We are committed to maintaining effective partnerships with key stakeholder groups and the community.
- We believe that an environment that promotes integrity, collegiality, cooperation and mutual respect best serves our mission.
- We believe that diversity in scholarship, cultural, racial and gender matters best serves our mission.
- Maintain a high quality curriculum relevant to a global business perspective.
- Develop a teaching platform that includes a variety of teaching methods and learning experiences.
- Recruit, develop and maintain an outstanding and diverse student body and faculty.
- Encourage and facilitate faculty development.
- Support the production of high quality research.
- Develop and maintain external support groups and promote mutually beneficial relationships with key stakeholder groups.